Thursday, August 27, 2009

What do you think of this?

Email from blackjack on warseer:

>I don't want to spam variants of my list too often in the forums but I have been reading your blog.
>
>What do you think of this for 1845?
>
>Dakka Walk Rant w Psy Scream
>3 Guards w Lash, (with my extra 5pts I can do flesh hooks and IA on the guards for wound allocation abuse, I save that for cheesy opponents.)
>
>Dakka Walk Rant w Psy Scream
>3 Guards w Lash.
>
>3 Boom Fexs (thanks to you)
>
>3 Sniper Fexs (I find the 6 str10 VC shots really help to shake and bake tanks)
>
>2 squads of 10 scuttle and Feeder stealers for out flank.
>
>2 squads of 8 WON guants run as a screen to the rant guards.
>
>1845 pts, 14 kill points.

Pretty dang good list. :)

The only problem that I can see with it is that the WoN gaunts don't have a babysitter. That can be solved by simply either adding zoanthropes but then you lose a sniperfex. Here is a more complex tactic to solve the problem. Simple stretch the unit out from the object. This will effectively add about 19" onto the synapse range to the objective.

Other than that the only change that I would make is maybe change one Psychic Scream to Shadow in the Warp for a little psychic defense.

As an extra point here is a link to prove that the boomfex is so good:

Elite Fexes ---> Don't let the vote fool you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment